Photo by Dan Lewis (www.danlewisphoto.net)
Name: Geno Sternard
Nickname: Geno Bear
Division: Street Stock
Car #: 8
1. Who was your favorite driver growing up?
Chargin’ Charlie Kroll
2. Most memorable moment in racing?
My first feature win and championship
3. What’s your favorite food?
Prime Rib from the Nitengale Supper Club
4. What do you drive for a street vehicle?
2003 GMC Truck and 1993 Dodge Dynasty
5. What or who got you into racing?
My cousin Kevin Sternard and I built Enduro cars in the early 90’s and had a blast with them, then went racing in the Bomber class with them.
6. How many years have you been racing?
7. Most forgettable moment in racing?
Jimmy “Windows” Anderson beating me in the feature by inches.
8. Who is your biggest rival/competition?
I like to think I have no rivals. I enjoy the competition from all the drivers.
9. What’s your favorite movie?
Days of Thunder and Major League.
10. If you weren’t racing, what hobby would you have?
Camping and Boating
11. What was your first car number?
12. Where was your first race at?
13. What is your favorite music group or band?
14. First memory in racing?
Watching my dad race in the late 70’s early 80’s and my Uncle Les and Wenzel.
15. How did you pick your current number?
Wanted to be #5 or #10 which was my dads number, but was they were taken. So then I picked 80, but that was also taken so I just dropped the 0 and took #8.
16. What is your favorite race track?
I like Luxemburg Speedway, but it doesn’t like me, always get in a wreck. So I’d have to say Thunderhill Raceway.
17. What divisions have you raced in?
Sport 4’s, Bombers and Street Stock
18. What type of driver are you?
Patient and respectful
19. What type of track do you prefer?
20. Why do you race?
After a feature win or a bad night, the little kids that come in the pits after the races and still ask for your autograph and look up to you.