Name: Eugene Gregorich
Nickname: The Professor
Division: IMCA Stockcar
Car Number: 8G
1. Who was your favorite driver growing up?
2. Most memorable moment in racing?
Winning a double feature. Won the main in my Mod and then drove my brother John’s Stockcar. I was spun by Rod Snellenberger mid way through the race, I did a 360 spin and kept going and passed Rod and Tim McCormick to win feature win.
3. What’s your favorite food?
Turkey and Gravy
4. What do you drive for a street vehicle?
Pontiac Sunfire, that I think is a Corvette Z06
5. What or who got you into racing?
My brother John wanted to go racing, so we both teamed up and built cars
6. How many years have you been racing?
7. Most forgettable moment in racing?
Painting my modified pink…it only lasted for one night
8. Who is your biggest rival/competition?
9. What’s your favorite movie?
10. If you weren’t racing, what hobby would you have?
11. What was your first car number?
12. Where was your first race at?
13. What is your favorite music group or band?
14. First memory in racing?
Having the water pump break right off the engine of my enduro car
15. How did you pick your current number?
When I was #3 my daughter came out in the garage and asked if I was going to be #4 next year cause she was going to be 4 years old. So every year I change my car number to match her age.
16. What is your favorite race track?
17. What divisions have you raced in?
Mod, Stockcar, Sport Mod, Street Stock, Asphalt Modified and Super Late Model
18. What type of driver are you?
19. What type of track do you prefer?
Wide 1/3 mile and dry slick
20. Why do you race?
The competition, to be able to build something that’s faster than the next guy. And the accomplishment of knowing I built it myself. Plus it gets me out of the house.