20 Questions with Casey Groessl
Posted under 20 Questions on July 15th, 2009
Name: Casey Groessl
Nickname: Vin Griesel, Hollywood
Division: IMCA Stockcar
Car Number: 20
1. Who was your favorite driver growing up?
2. Most memorable moment in racing?
My first ever night of racing, rolling over on the backstretch and destroying the car.
3. What’s your favorite food?
4. What do you drive for a street vehicle?
2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD
5. What or who got you into racing?
Watching my Uncle Buck growing up and The Bouche Family
6. How many years have you been racing?
6 years, but it seems a lot longer!
7. Most forgettable moment in racing?
2007 breaking 5 transmissions! We later found out it wasn’t the transmissions that were bad, but the gears that were bad causing a bad vibration breaking the transmission cases.
8. Who is your biggest rival/competition?
9. What’s your favorite movie?
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1&3
10. If you weren’t racing, what hobby would you have?
A lot more Hunting and Fishing.
11. What was your first car number?
12. Where was your first race at?
13. What is your favorite music group or band?
14. First memory in racing?
(see question 2)
15. How did you pick your current number?
I wore #20 since 5th grade basketball & Tyler Vanlanen also wore #20 he was a guy that I looked up to when I was young.
16. What is your favorite race track?
Seymour Super Speedway
17. What divisions have you raced in?
IMCA Hobby Stocks & IMCA Stockcar
18. What type of driver are you?
19. What type of track do you prefer?
Right before it goes dry, where there’s just a little bit of tack left
20. Why do you race?
Cause I’m not very smart, for all the money we stick into the cars. But it keeps me out of trouble. I tried to quit once and but I just came back. And it keeps me very busy.